#BLMDanceChallenge: Dance with Us to Show Your Support of the Black Community
The concerns of the Black Lives Matter movement affects us all. Express that you value the Black community and disapprove of anti-Black racism with dance. We welcome people who just dance for fun, and professional dancers too.
Help Express Black Joy with the #BLMDanceChallenge
Black People’s joy, also known as “Black Joy” is its own form of resistance to the harmful effects of racism. We can express Black Joy through dance. Ògo Tàwa has launched a Global BLM Dance Challenge to pay tribute to the Black Lives Matter movement, choreographed to go along with our BLM theme song.
To celebrate Black Joy, and honor Black people’s strengths and resilience, we encourage the use of dance to stand up against anti-Black racism.
Get Involved. All are welcome. Join Your Global Family. The BLM Dance Challenge Has Already Spread Worldwide. The #BLMDanceChallenge Matters for You.
We welcome all nationalities to join us in this dance challenge. Dancers around the world in almost every continent have already joined this dance challenge. The BLM Dance Challenge excitement has spread to most continents including the Americas, Asia, Africa, and more! We’re also expecting the remaining two continents, Australia and Antarctica to participate. We’re calling out to dance lovers in support of the Black community and from the Black community, to join our BLM Dance Challenge.
Dance to Express Unity: The Benefits of #BLMDanceChallenge
- This dance challenge unifies us and allows us to use our bodies to tell stories of resilience, triumph, bravery, and potential in the face of anti-Black racism.
- Use common dance steps to show unity worldwide with our beliefs as a global family
- Age-friendly and family-friendly activity suitable for all settings: community, school, social, corporate, youth-focused, and faith-based environments
- Demonstrate your passion for justice by using every inch of your body to express your values for equity
- Have fun and get active while standing up for your beliefs in a fair and just society.
- You can have 1000 years of Impact: By participating in the #BLMDanceChallenge, you are also helping to leave your mark on the world for 1000 years. Find out more here
Celebrate #BLMDanceChallenge Across Social Media Channels
On social media, the dance challenge allows all of us to advocate for equity and social justice in fun ways that strengthen community across all different races, professions, and age groups.
Dance with Us to Stand with Us!
Show Your Support or allyship of the BLM movement with dance! And get people you know to do so too!
It's Easy. See Below for Details.
How to Participate in the #BLMDanceChallenge
Help in two ways: i) Decide to do the #BLMDanceChallenge and follow instructions below OR (ii) If you cannot get involved, share the Challenge with others who will.
Your Guide to Do the #BLMDanceChallenge
- Watch the 33-second solo dance on our page below & learn the dance steps for the #BLMDanceChallenge
- Download the BLM song clip below
- Do the same dance steps in the #BLMDanceChallenge video outdoors, and record it on video
- Post your video to all your social accounts: Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
- Tag your posts and video with #BLMDanceChallenge & #OgoTawa
- The best videos of the month will be featured on our website, and social media platforms so remember to tag us too!
- Be sure to like, share and subscribe to us on social media. Help us go viral so we can impact positive change in the world together. You have the power!
About the #BLMDanceChallenge Theme Song
The BLM theme song was created as an act of sacrificial giving. This musical piece of work was crafted as a result of gifted Nigerian-based artist Alien Em collaborating with a talented Black Canadian artist. Alien Em donated his resources, creativity, musical talent, and volunteered expertise to breathe addictive magic into a BLM theme song.
Horrified by police brutality against Blacks in North America, he sought to offer aid from Africa. His goal? To advance advocacy, and programming on anti-Black racism in Toronto and beyond. We are taking his yearning for social justice a step further with expression through dance that honors the BLM movement.
Help Leave a 1000 year Legacy with the #BLMDanceChallenge
The BLM Dance Challenge campaign brings attention to our efforts to represent Black Heroes with the first-ever life-size monuments in the 6ix. Many Black Heroes have advanced North American society for us all, yet their sacrifices have been ignored as figures to be honored with statues. Statues of Black heroes who helped build our nation would celebrate their legacy and our Black history.
The contributions of dancers to the BLM challenge will help us build grassroots and corporate support to commemorate Black history in ways that will last 1000 years! Statues of Black Heroes would last that long. The Global BLM Dance Challenge celebrates Black joy for the good of us all, regardless of race.
Black Live Matter Dance Challenge: #BLMDanceChallenge
Alien Em - Black Lives Matter [ Official Video ] | Hip Hop
Alien Em - Black Lives Matter -Hip Hop Maple/Canada Remix [Official Video]
Ogo Tawa Inc
Copyright © 2020 Ogo Tawa Inc. All rights reserved.
Ògo Tàwa Inc. is proudly a registered Canadian non-profit (BN)767197270RC0001