Join Our Arts Business Training Program
Grounded in Your Super Powers and Black culture
Introducing - The Black Artrepreneur Program
A $2,000 Value Program, offered to you at no cost, with help of our partners
Ready to sign up? – REGISTER NOW
The Black Artrepreneur Program is a 13- week learning and development entrepreneurship program for Black artist entrepreneurs of diverse creative disciplines. The program is designed to support business skill development for Black Canadian artist entrepreneurs, ages 18+ interested in strengthening the business side of their art practice. Our curriculum is grounded in Black experiences and culture.
The program consists of business training sessions, networking opportunities, as well as guidance on the development of personal and business branding.
Coaching support by our strengths coaches, valued at $2,000, will be offered free to support artists like you in discovering your super powers that will propel your business forward.
Ready to sign up? – REGISTER NOW
GAIN SKILLS TO ENHANCE YOUR ARTS BUSINESS PRACTICE
Featuring a robust curriculum that focuses on Black Canadian experiences and culture, references and case studies. Each session step by step will help you become the business savvy creative you need to be to make it in the industry.
By the end of the program, you will have gone through a business model canvas, and components of a business plan, allowing you to take your business to the next level. Upon successful completion, you will also be awarded a certificate.
UNLEASH YOUR SUPER POWERS FOR FUTURE BUSINESS SUCCESSES
As a component of our program, Gallup, How to Fascinate, and VIA trained strengths coaches will also help participants discover natural talents to propel their business forward. When you know your strengths, you see yourself from a powerful perspective that can catapult you forward no matter your circumstances. Our Strengths based coaching takes a research-based approach. This coaching has been informed by world-class practitioners, researchers, and thought leaders in neuroscience, positive psychology, and appreciative inquiry.
LEARN FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Speakers and facilitators from different backgrounds will speak during the program to give a wholesome outlook on different aspects of arts administration. Guest speakers include arts administrators, business and marketing experts, cultural leaders, financial experts, HR experts, and many more! Stay tuned as we release speaker information.
- Classes delivered online via Zoom
- Introductory class held online, Saturday April 29th, 1pm to 5pm (ET).
- Remaining classes are held online from 6pm to 9pm (ET), weekly on Wednesdays
- The applicant is one of the following: an Independent artist, Leader of an arts group/non-profit organization or the Founder/Owner of a creative business
- Be an artist working in any creative discipline
- Must have a creative business or business idea to work on throughout the program
- Self Identify as a Black Canadian person
- 18 years of age and older
All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for eligibility in one of the upcoming sessions. Acceptance to the program will be based on:
- Meeting eligibility criteria
- Full completion of the program application form, and explanation of the way this training will improve your business.
- Ability to participate for the full duration of the program. The program runs for a 13 week duration, with a break for win.
Full completion of the program application form, and explanation of the way this training will improve your business.
Cohort 2 - Application Deadline: April 21, 2023
Program Start Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023
Last In-Class Session: Wednesday, July 24, 2023
If you're a Black Canadian artist entrepreneur or an Artrepreneur, as we like to say, ages 18+ and interested in strengthening your art practice, register by clicking here.